This month for my Secret Recipe Club assignment, I was assigned Susan's blog "Food,baby,life".
I went through this lovely blog over and over and I finally settled on Bread and Butter Pudding for one. It seemed to be a combination of bread pudding and french toast, I also liked that it was baked. I gave it a healthy twist by keeping the bread wholewheat and using jaggery to sweeten. I also used homemade butter, and a muffin tray to make easy servings.
The whole family enjoyed digging into this soft in the middle and crispy peaked pudding. One regret I had was that I hadn't thought of doubling the recipe. A very simple and yet delectable dish. Do visit Susan's blog for more...
Bread and Butter Pudding
2 slices of wholewheat bread
Jaggery to sweeten
1/2 cup milk
2tsp soft butter
1tbs fruit preserve
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Spread one side of slice with butter.
- Cut into big cubes, layer into greased muffin tray.
- In a bowl beat egg, jaggery and preserve together.
- Pour hot milk over the egg mixture beating constantly to avoid lumps.
- Pour the mixture over the bread and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Bake approximately 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool before serving. Drizzle with honey and serve.