Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Ricotta Gnocchi with Almond Basil Pesto


After I had prepared my very first Gnocchi from scratch for a challenge, I've begun to enjoy preparing it with ease. Its even more enjoyable when I can add herbs grown in my own space. The flat leaf parsley and basil are fresh and organically grown in my balcony.

Ricotta Gnocchi
Ingredients-
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
1/2 cup parmesan
Flour as required
1 large egg
1 tsp lemon zest
1tbs chopped parsley

Preparation-
For detailed step by step instructions on how to prepare gnocchi and mold it check my post Gnocchi Chicken Tikka

Almond Basil Pesto
Ingredients-
2/3 cup toasted almonds
3 cups packed fresh basil leaves
4 cloves garlic
1/2 cup parmesan
1 tbs fresh lemon juice
Extra virgin olive oil

Preparation-
Place all the ingredients except olive oil in a blender. Pulse. Add the oil, little by little and blend till you get a smooth consistency.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin